Friday May 8, 2020 - Tuesday May 12, 2020
Department of Theatre and Film, University of British Columbia, B.C. Binnings Studios
UBC's Point Grey campus is situated on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm-speaking xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam) people.
During the five days, you will discover new pathways to revitalize your physical presence, enhance your vocal range, and bring specificity to your performance practice. Explorations will centre on deepening the connection to your unique creative voice and revealing the passion, playfulness and power of your moment-to-moment responses to the world around you. The supportive and dynamic environment will inspire inquiry and imagination.
What to Expect
During the five days, you will have opportunities to:
• discover the capacity of your unique breath, body and voice
• experience listening and responding from your whole being
• tap into the multi-faceted realm of your imagination
• investigate integrative approaches to physical, vocal and text practices
• explore your rhythmic potential through the expression of vibratory songs and calls
• enrich your relationship to self, to your scene partners and to your audience
Actors and advanced acting students are invited to renew their craft. Directors and playwrights will experience the actor’s process through innovative sensory practices. Dancers and movers will expand their performance options as they discover the range of their voices. Voice teachers will acquire new approaches to enrich their teaching.
Others who are interested in developing their vocal and physical range are welcome.
How to Prepare
The nature of the work demands a high level of commitment. To make the most of the five-day Intensive, clear your schedule of extra activities and auditions in order to leave time for reflection, preparation and rest.
You will be expected to prepare provided text.
Tuition and Application
$760 / $650 (with early bird registration by February 28, 2020)